Most of the 200 proposals that were submitted by young students from across the Americas demonstrated a deep sense of unity and vast creativity to participate in Concausa, an initiative organized by América Solidaria with the support of ECLAC and UNICEF. This conference will include the 15 selected projects, and will take place in Santiago, Chile between November 20th and 26th of 2016.
Concausa looks to identify and spread proposals that aim to fight childhood poverty in the region, directed towards the fulfillment of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The young people will work throughout one week with different experts in the field to improve their projects, which they will present in the main hall of ECLAC on November 26th.
The selected proposals range from a mobile app that responds to sexual education, skating classes, and educational circus theater, to hydroponic gardens and environmental and recycling initiatives.
Moreover, all of the participating projects will join the network of young people of Concausa, which allows them to stay connected and work towards the eradication of childhood poverty and make the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations a reality.
These are the selected projects (in Spanish):
• CrESI App sobre Educación Sexual Integral (Argentina)
• Tutores de idiomas para niños rurales (Chile)
• Colores de Barrio (Chile)
• Iniciativa de Estimulación Temprana (Chile)
• Escuela de Skate y Expresiones Urbanas (Colombia)
• Semillas de Paz para la Noviolencia (Colombia)
• Niños al rescate (Costa Rica)
• Jóvenes al rescate de la Identidad Cultural (Ecuador)
• Mejorando hábitos alimenticios (Guatemala)
• Ecosistemas Productivos (México)
• Basura Cero (Paraguay)
• Los pequeños del penal de mujeres (Perú)
• Creando una cultura Ambiental en Junín (Perú)
• Plan Indesol (Uruguay)
• Acabemos con el Hambre (Haití)
Follow our Concausa project on social media: